Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on ebay and i want to buy it if it works what do you guys think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453966340&category=33741

·
Registered
293 Posts
seems to me that when it's not spinning, it would be an obstacle to airflow
and it's only on when switched on? you're better off using nitrous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well damn im looking for some serious added power for cheap. I have a 95 auto. So if anyone can help me im all ears!

·
Registered
28 Posts
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ati.htm
perhaps? only 3,088 wut a deal! :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
that is a gimmick, nothing real. look around, you can find superchargers for cheap, but they aren't the only thing that will make your car faster. lots of small things could do near as much.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
OMG I dont think I even need to post anything but this :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: This Item is used by Inboard engine boats to evacuate gasoline fumes from the engine compartment before they start the engines

·
Registered
113 Posts
eNvy said:
Well damn im looking for some serious added power for cheap. I have a 95 auto. So if anyone can help me im all ears!
:evil: Why don't you try the nitrous kit from zex. For $100 you could get a 75hp boost.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
o great another one of these dang things....why do people try to scam so much?

·
Registered
48 Posts
That blower toy has been around a while like that Nigerian e-mail scam that keeps popping up to tell folks they can "have" some unclaimed millions...

I remember as a kid thinking about gadgets like that and wondering why people didn't put them on all cars. I finally figured out they only work in the movies. Remember "Smokey and the Bandit" and his T/A? When that movie came out everybody wanted to do stuff like that to their cars. If it had been as simple as Burt Reynolds made it look we'd all be jumping gorges for kicks today.

Same deal with Mad Maxx. Of course nitrous has turned into a fairly easy thing to use now, but back then it was still sci-fi for the most part. Still, every kid wanted that big red button to kick in a few hundred extra ponies until they found out only NASA had a budget big enough for it (at that time).

Maybe if they start using these little blowers in the movies somebody will eventually come out with a practical one that will really work that you can just bolt on and go. Cheap. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a frined buy one of these and one of the fins from the fan broke off and got into the intake and he realized that the car lost a bunchof power. He got to it before it caused any serious damage.

Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a frined buy one of these and one of the fins from the fan broke off and got into the intake and he realized that the car lost a bunchof power. He got to it before it caused any serious damage.

Joe

·
Registered
349 Posts
One of my coworkers and I dug into these a year or so ago. They are bilge blowers for boats. Cost about $40 from a boathouse. They pump out about 100 cfm. 100 cfm wouldn't help make power at idle let alone at any kind of road speed.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts