Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my sister is looking to buy a 2011 v6 mustang its 15,000$ with 50k miles on it should the mileage be a concern

thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
ok so my sister is looking to buy a 2011 v6 mustang its 15,000$ with 50k miles on it should the mileage be a concern

thanks
Depends, how many owners? Service record? Many many people finance/lease cars for 50k miles, beat the hell outta them, then trade them back before any problems hit, than do it all over again..

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
My 2012 has 65,000 on it. It was the rental they gave people when in service. It still runs like new. Just changed the oil Saturday too. We paid $22,000 for mine and it was a premium. It had 25,000 on in

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My 2012 has 65,000 on it. It was the rental they gave people when in service. It still runs like new. Just changed the oil Saturday too. We paid $22,000 for mine and it was a premium. It had 25,000 on in
Good for you! You lucked out, IMO I would never ever in a million years buy a rental car..I always say, fastest cars on the road are government vehicles, and rentals, they could give a **** less how they treat them

·
Registered
371 Posts
No not just no hell no. The way ived seen people rentals is just bad and every treats them like that.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
is there any type of warranty on this Mustang?

Is it a dealer?
Used car lot?
Private owner sale?

If she really likes the car she needs to take it to a reputable Mechanic to get it thoroughly checked out.

50,000 miles is not bad, the mechanic could probably tell weather it was mostly highway miles or city miles by the wear and tear on the brake pads, interior, etc.

Also get a CarFax report.

$15,000 for a 2011 is a very good price. I'm guessing they are probably highway miles because of the year and number of miles per year.

Ronnie

·
Registered
809 Posts
got my 2012 for 17,000 with 20K miles on it.... Its a good tag price but I think you should try to talk them down a bit

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Good for you! You lucked out, IMO I would never ever in a million years buy a rental car..I always say, fastest cars on the road are government vehicles, and rentals, they could give a **** less how they treat them
+100000000
If i got a Mustang as a rental car i would drive it like i stole it from Adolf Hitler and have the entire Gestapo after me.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
My Opinion again***Yep, just my opinion

I would rather have a Mustang that just came off of lease or a retired rental then """NO"""Mustang at all.

Ronnie

·
Registered
730 Posts
A lease maybe.. a rental never! I know plenty of people that lease their cars and don't beat the **** out of them, everyone I know who has had a rental including myself has beaten the piss out of them! No thanks!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Get a Carfax report. Dealer services will show up. If they show it was serviced as it should be, have it checked out by a mechanic you know. Also take a ride with the sound off and pay attention to all suspension and body noises. If it seems solid and there's not huge stains or scratches everywhere (sign someone doesn't care), Id take it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Get a Carfax report. Dealer services will show up. If they show it was serviced as it should be, have it checked out by a mechanic you know. Also take a ride with the sound off and pay attention to all suspension and body noises. If it seems solid and there's not huge stains or scratches everywhere (sign someone doesn't care), Id take it.
+ 1 could have been someone that just fell on tough times and couldn't make the payment.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

No not just no hell no. The way ived seen people rentals is just bad and every treats them like that.
Off the topic but how's the engine going? Did you check with your dealer yet? I listened to your link but through my cell its kinda hard to hear. Hope its going good.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Just got a rear end clunk at 60,000 and I learned that's normal. It had a small warp in the front rotors, but eh, it got me in the premium model when they wanted 33k for it brand new. My seat can tell the wear better than the power train

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I love mine. I say get it but get it checked out. It was that or a new base GB or base 2010 GT. I hated the base interior because it had no shaker or leather wheel. That's all I wanted anyway. Your money though. I love mine, even though the tires were bald when I bought it -_-

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
The Used car place should have at least a thirty day or more warranty

Used car dealers usually get the cars from a dealer. 50,000 miles is probably why they have it on their lot. Still get a Car-Fax and have a mechanic check it out. I would probably go to a Ford dealer and pay the $100 or so and get a list of anything wrong and have the used car dealer fix it if they want to sell it. I would rather lose $100 then get a car for $15,000 that needs $1,000 worth of repairs. I'm betting it is a three year Lease car and was pretty good serviced at the Ford dealer in your area.

Ronnie

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dealers are authorized to tell you what's wrong with the vehicle. Just ask and request a carfax. Well at least in California they are. Mine had 23k miles when I got. But it's still under warranty and the owner of the dealership is a friend. But if you have doubt, spend the extra money and get one from a reputable dealership. Don't jump the dollar to save the dime.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts