Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a question for anyone who has done striping on their car.
Am I suppose to wrap over the sensors? If not then what should I do?

Been doing a few small mods myself...
Begin life as a regular 2013 V6 stang

Put on 6000k HID and matching HID fogs

C&L CAI

GT500 hood

Plastidip Chrome grille surround

Lastly, striping

And here is the problem, not sure what to do with the backup sensors

HELP! and THANKS!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
but that leaves the sensor different color then the vinyl, is there anyway to make it same color
They are noticeable either way bro, giant circles on the bumper is really obvious at least to me. If ur worried about it. Just try wrapping over the sensors and see if they beep? If they dont ur good if not well ur S.O.L

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stick some

Vinyl pieces over the sensors before you stripe, see if they work, which I am almost certain they will. And then try it out and easy enough to pull the the little scrap pieces of vinyl back off....

And then make your decision.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Love the fog lights!
+1 where did you get them?
Um, HID fog lights I got from local shop. However, there are a whole bunch of them on eBay just need to know our fog light type is H11 and factory HID light color is 4300k. Also, check your local craigslist I'm sure you'll find someone selling.

The kit comes with ballast and H11 HID light bulb, just plug and play.

It's not necessary to take off the bumper to install but you do need to take off the panel underneath to gain access.

I used zip tie to tie the kit right beside the fog light housing...

Where did you get the gt500 hood?
shop around, there are always a few on eBay or over at SVTP forums. I was lucky to find one that match my color exactly.

They are noticeable either way bro, giant circles on the bumper is really obvious at least to me. If ur worried about it. Just try wrapping over the sensors and see if they beep? If they dont ur good if not well ur S.O.L
Stick some

Vinyl pieces over the sensors before you stripe, see if they work, which I am almost certain they will. And then try it out and easy enough to pull the the little scrap pieces of vinyl back off....

And then make your decision.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try when the weather clears up. Been raining for the last few days. Or I was also thinking maybe I can pull the sensor out then put back in later? Wonder if it's hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts