Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm driving around w/ my gf in the car. This car (w/ those blue lights on the windshield washer things on the hood) starts tailgating me. I'm not sure what kind of car it was, but I think it was a CRX from what I could tell from the headlights, since that was all i could see.

but its tailgating me, so I got on it and pulled away. We're on this road which happens to be the same exact road I totaled my 97 stang on. It's sorta got an S curve in it. I pass a car to get more distance between me and the tailgater, hoping the guy wont follow, but he does. I come out of passing as I enter the first turn (to the right), but the other guy doesn't quite make the turn. As I went back to the left, I saw his taillights, headlights, taillights, headlights, taillights. in that order. I'm pretty sure the innocent car we passed wasn't involved, but I'm hoping I don't get in any trouble cuz of this... I do have a rather recognizable tag...

thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
well if anything theyre gonna blame it on streetracing. i wouldve went back and checked to see if he wiped out. then if he didnt oh well, but if he did, you could laugh at the dumass, while police came and you told them how he was tailing you and tried to get away. but now they could say that you ran from the scene. but nothing will happen. i remember back when my bud had his 89 5.0 fox body, and we raced some guy in a camaro, and it was dead even, till we came up on some cars. well our lane was empty but he had a car in his lane but didnt slow in time and creamed the back. he never told the cops he was racing or hed have a even bigger fine to pay (racing + speeding) so he kept his mouth shut. and if this guy wiped out and hit someone, hell shut it if hes smart. if not well all make a road trip to shut him up :thumb2:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no police reports in the paper of a wreck or anything like that, so I guess he just spun a little. I was thinking that I shoulda went back, but I didn't so oh well. At least nobody got hurt or anything.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Its one of those lose win situtions cause what if you went back and he was hurt bad your fucked cause your back and your gonna get the blame
But what if he did get fucked you kepted going who knows.
Like I said a win lose sitution. Personally i cant even say if I woulda gone back prolly if I seen impact you know. Tough decision

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, those blue lights are not legal, unless he's a volunteer fireman or something. So you could always cop a plea that you thought he was one of those cop impersonators and tried to protect yourself.

Steve

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are legal or they're not legal? I didnt think they were, but I could be wrong. I know on the package it says "Off-road and show use only"

I don't think anything is gonna come out of this, cuz its ben a couple days, and I've been checkin the papers for police and accident reports, and there haven't been any on that road.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well, considering he wasnt anywhere near you there isnt any problem.

He was passing that other car correct? And passing going into a turn is just stupid. There probably wasn't any dotted lines either, so its all him on that one.

You didn't leave the scene of an accident...you weren't IN the accident, so how could you leave the scene :wtf:

I dont see the confusion. :-?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Alabama has a good samaritin law that NY doesnt. If you see that someone has had a accident or could be hurt and you fail to stop and ask if they are ok or if the need help you can go to jail for it.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't think that was what the good samaritan law was.. I thought it was that if you did stop at a wreck and tried to help the victims, like dragging them out of the car and it's on fire, then you can't be sued. Say that they injure their back and you drag them thru the car window, it might cause more damage to the back, but if they're unconscious and the car is on fire, the good samaritan law will prevent them from suing you for the back damage since you were helping to the best of your knowledge.

That's what I thought it was, but i might be wrong.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Brent said:
Alabama has a good samaritin law that NY doesnt. If you see that someone has had a accident or could be hurt and you fail to stop and ask if they are ok or if the need help you can go to jail for it.

how? that can't be right...

what if it was on a busy road? should every single person that drives by stop?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stangin99 said:
Brent said:

I don't know about that law, if there is one. I usually will stop if i see an accident if nobody else has stopped or it just happened (unless im afraid i'll get in trouble for street racing... see:http://www.v6stangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4776&highlight=)

I know in some european countries, like Germany, it's against the law not to stop at an accident if a medical crew isnt already there, but that's probably due to the higher, if posted, speed limits there.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
stangin99 said:
Brent said:

Not if someone else has already got the situation under control.

If you are a witness to a accident and you are the only one around that can help them and you choose not to you can face jail time.

The good samaritan law has two parts to it.

One keeps you from being sued should you try to help them and do everything correctly in the process of helping them. Like with CPR you do it right and not pound on their chest or whatever.

It also says that if you are able to help (this can be calling 911 or seeing if everyone is ok) and leave the scene without doing anything you can face jail time if caught.

Only three-four states dont have this law.

Californi, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania I believe.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
they are legal or they're not legal? I didnt think they were, but I could be wrong. I know on the package it says "Off-road and show use only"

I don't think anything is gonna come out of this, cuz its ben a couple days, and I've been checkin the papers for police and accident reports, and there haven't been any on that road.
Illegal. Red/Blue/Green are reserved for emergency vehicles. The ticket would read "Impersonating a Emergency Vehicle."

Sucks. I know. :oops:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
you can have red neons, its just the same as a tail light. Basically you just cant have blue.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
theyre fine... thats like saying your tail lights are illegal.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Red is OK if and only if they are in the back.

Allowable colors in the front are white and yellow.

Run reds in the front you better have a badge or you will get a ticket. Run any color other than white or yellow in the front you better be a volunteer fireman or something or you will get a ticket.

I actually bothered to look up the Alabama codes. While it does not specifically ban blue it does specifically state what colors are to be used in the front, the back and the sides and blue is not one of them. You'll egt a tickett if some cop wants to hand you one.

Fine? No less than $5.00, no more than $100.00 or 30 days in the pokey.

Steve

1 - 20 of 32 Posts