Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much damage does this look like saying I do all the labor. Does it look like it could be kept around 2k? I know it's hard to judge from just pics but rough estimate. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481827749.309080.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481827762.604784.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481827771.489980.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481827783.996988.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481827795.591159.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481827805.483223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to keep it under $5000............

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Add if I am missing something.

Front bumper, grille, hood, headlights, radiator, radiator support, fenders, what else ?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
What year is your car? You posted in the 2011-2014 section but it looks like a 1999-2004.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm sure your going to find lots of misc. stuff. Little clips, screws, connectors, sway bar and what not. Oh and a front end alignment.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Did the air bags deploy?
Don't forget about the A/C condenser... And a Freon refill. And a lot of little things!

Assuming that nothing on the undercarriage is bent too bad, the way to fix that car on the cheap, would be to buy another car that has been rear ended, and use it as a parts donor. Then try to sell the remaining parts off of the donor car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the air bags deploy?

Don't forget about the A/C condenser... And a Freon refill. And a lot of little things!

Assuming that nothing on the undercarriage is bent too bad, the way to fix that car on the cheap, would be to buy another car that has been rear ended, and use it as a parts donor. Then try to sell the remaining parts off of the donor car.

Air bags did deploy but I'm buying a aftermarket steering wheel in hub! I found a 13-14 full front end with from fenders to lights for $1000. So if I can snag that it will just be small stuff I believe. No frame damage or anything of that matter

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
If you do it all yourself maybe under $2k. But if you opt for professional repaint, that could easily be $2k by itself.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
You can probably do it for around 2 grand then. Especially if the front clip is painted the same color as the wrecked car.
Are you considering purchasing this car to fix up?
Does it have a clean title? (Not salvage)

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Woof...looks like a lot of frontal damage. I'm sure you can eventually collect the body parts needed to repair it, all used to save coin, but then paint comes to play. Matching the existing paint will require some custom mixing, best left to a professional painter.

Depending on your own skillsets (and be honest with yourself), you'd be hard pressed to get it near of 2k.

And this assumes no frame or engine damage.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I hope you find a way to make it happen, but I don't see it from my perspective.

·
Registered
18 Posts
keep looking at craigslist, I live right beside you in Greenville, every week or 2 somebody puts up a coyote car to part out on craigslist. Also, there's a great mustang shop near Furman, East Coast Mustangs, they have a lot of wrecked cars they take part off also, may have something to sell cheap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just spent 1500+ in parts on my 02 which looked less damage than what you look to have. that non oem parts from rock auto and ebay. if you can get that clip you may get it fixed for the 2k without paint but I recommend having it put on a frame machine and checked for square. you may have something bend that you cant see.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Last week someone rear ended me and scratched/ scuffed the bumper and got a few quotes and basically just to repaint a rear bumper is 5-7 hundred dollars. And this is just paint work for just the bumper.

Yours would involve blending the hood, bumper, and fenders so I would think paint alone would be close to 2 k.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts