Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something terrible happen last night, my uncle crashed my 13' stang....... he took out for a drive after a light rain had the advancetrac turned off, made a hard and fast right turn on a wet road the whole car lost control. passenger rear wheel is bent pretty bad, passenger door is dented and with the bottom plastic piece of the car fell off. this has been reported, now waiting for a car inspection on monday. anyone know if the damage is more then just a bent wheel? could the rear axle, sway bar..etc be damaged too? i hope my auto insurance declare the car totaled, i dont think repair will fully recover my car back to its original performance. im so stressed out, thinking about trading my car in. about how much will my trade in value be with depreciation and accident(repaired)?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wow, this is a bad week for 'stangs....

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Post some pics if you can. We can't determine how bad it could be without getting a good look at it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
It all up to the insurance company as far as damage goes for a repair. They can only make guesses as to what's bent underneath, they mostly just look at what they can see and do their estimate. Probably have to take it to a shop to look at the suspension underneath.

I wrecked my jeep about 2 weeks ago and think something is bent under the rear but my insurance basically said they could only guess what could be bent so I need to take it to a shop and have them figure it out for them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i spent all my savings on this gt.............im so heart broken. even with repair covered by insurance, my car will never perform the same again

·
Registered
97 Posts
sorry to hear about your Stang. I just wanna say to everyone BECARFUL SO MANY BEAUTIFUL STANGS BEING WRECKED. I wish the best of luck to every one that has been in a accident this week.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
What the HELL is happening here........ Stangs are dying left and right?????

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
So many wrecked Mustangs and I have to drive 500 miles tomorrow. Oh boy.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the reply everyone but does someone have the answers to my questions?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
thanks for the reply everyone but does someone have the answers to my questions?
We'd love to help, but no one's going to be able to answer your questions unless we can see the exact damage on your car. Specifically pictures of the undercarriage and rear axle. Yes, a picture of a '73 Mustang with damage to a front wheel and fender can give us a basic idea of the rear fender and wheel damage to your modern Mustang, but we'd honestly just be guessing. The best thing is to wait for the insurance company to do their inspection. We wouldn't want to get your hopes up by telling you one thing and then the outcome be completely different than what we say.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cars probably not totaled, you need to wait for the shops assessment. I know that's a rough wait. You'll be impressed with the repair if the body shop knows what they're doing, find out what dealers they do work for in the area. That's a good indicator of their quality. Usually if its fixed right only professionals can tell.

Sorry for this stress man, but this is what insurance is for!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im so screwed, now i really wish its declared totaled. at least this way ill have a fresh start with my first car..........i feel so heart broken

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Damn, it's just a car. You or I take it, your uncle wasn't hurt? You won't really know until the insurance company looks at it. Being a 2013, chances are they won't total it. About $5,000 on the trade in.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts