Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new here. I've been lurking for a little bit though. Anyhow, I drive an 89 gt, and I had a bit of an incident. I don't want to get too into details but I basically was distracted and rear ended someone. I guess I just wanted to get you guys opinion on what might be a good route to start getting thus radiator and core support out and replaced so I can get it back on the road. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It's always repairable. I guess what it comes down to is, is it worth it to you? The radiator and cosmetic parts are relatively cheap and easy to find. The core support, I'm not sure how difficult finding a new one would be? You might have to scavenge one off another Fox. Good luck and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Damn that sucks man!...poor fox:(...
Well from the pics it doesn't look totaled,but being unibody the front end is very important for rigidity..
I know american muscle has radiator (core) supports for around $150...they will also have all the other stuff needed to finish the repairs!...try late model restoration as well....good luck I hope you can bring her back from the dead!!..

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Nvosdogan said:
Yeah, it was a bad day. Has anyone here ever tried to fix something like this?
The only core supports ive ever done were on gm A body's...very different because the fox's are lap welded and the full framed cars simply bolt up...

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hi everyone, new here. I've been lurking for a little bit though. Anyhow, I drive an 89 gt, and I had a bit of an incident. I don't want to get too into details but I basically was distracted and rear ended someone. I guess I just wanted to get you guys opinion on what might be a good route to start getting thus radiator and core support out and replaced so I can get it back on the road. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

If you have access to tools and some experience, then it is not to difficult to replace the core support and other damaged pieces.
Some cutting and welding will likely need to be done too, so access to those tools is a must.

Just start unbolting and removing the broken front end pieces until you have the core support exposed, then you can get a better idea of what you need to do to R&R it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow guys, thanks so much for all the replys! It us definitely reassuring to know that other people think it us worth fixing. I found a core support and radiator in lms, I suppose I'll start there.

I'll be sure to post up some pictures as I make progress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts