Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road was ice. Car slid left when attempting to turn right. A bus 30 feet away, attempted to move forward as a precaution, instead he rolled backwards. We met in the middle. The door is caved in, will not function, barely attached to hinges.
SO I NEED OPTIONS, PLEASE....
How much $$$$$ to:
1.) Replace door, straighten out body & moldings around perimeter of door.
2.) Transplant a V8, transmission, wire harness, fuel, last odds and ends.
(3.) * As you can see, I have thousands of dollars worth of performance parts to enhance an implanted V8.
WHAT IS YOUR GUESS FOR COST? $2,500.00 OR $5,500.00 OR $7,500.00 OR MORE???

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Fix the door only and sell it. That's too much money for a car that is almost 16 years old. Use the rest to buy a new car.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Find out how bad frame damage is first, if it's tweaked pretty bad I'd search for another body and swap all your stuff in the other body, or go for a new edge

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just read this and so sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are ok. Pics would help us all get a better handle on cost.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post some pics. I am back at work right now 14 hours at a time.
*Another brainstorm- My co-worker has a '97 Cobra for sale. Last I asked, he wanted $6,000 for it. I could possible purchase the Cobra and transplant a sh1t load of parts from the V6 over to the stock Cobra~ ProChamber & FM10 mufflers, MGW short throw shifter, new carpet & mats still in the box, Corbeau seat, wheels and tires, and other small items that are on the V6. That's a thought anyway. The guy who owns the Cobra doesn't want or ned it. He already owns an '09 Shelby GT500 KR, an old GT350, and some others. I'm going to see if I can talk him in to a low price for it.
-Anyway, I'll take some pictures and update again, Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAPPY ENDING- I got me a COBRA!! Doin' the happy dance!
I got a 1997 Cobra with 76K miles on it. I will immediately transfer as much of the $10K+ parts from the V6 over to the Cobra. Prochamber & Flowmaster exhaust, suspension, wheels and tires, interior pieces, ect..ect...:cheers:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dang, that's great! Nothing like an upgrade.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What mods does the cobra have

·
Registered
129 Posts
HAPPY ENDING- I got me a COBRA!! Doin' the happy dance!
I got a 1997 Cobra with 76K miles on it. I will immediately transfer as much of the $10K+ parts from the V6 over to the Cobra. Prochamber & Flowmaster exhaust, suspension, wheels and tires, interior pieces, ect..ect...:cheers:
Fantastic! :p: Pics soon we hope.....

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Do some power mods. Exhaust. Wheels.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All of the mods on the V6 will be transferred over to the Cobra- wheels, tires, exhaust, suspension, SCT tuner & new dyno tunes, ect..
76k miles on it. $5,000.00 cash.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Nice. But how will v6 exhaust work on the cobra

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm going to keep the stock headers, install new offroad primaries, then connect my existing cats, Prochamber, and mufflers/tailpipes. Custom cut/weld job.
As seen below:
Off Road Primaries:

Mid-Pipe to Tailpipe From V6:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Is the mid pipe full length or you gonna custom fab them

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I need to find a set of primaries only (two piece set). Something like the car above, minus the "X" pipe. Once those pipes are measured out, my existing mid-pipe on back will fit right in. A second option is to get a set of longtube headers and there would be little to no modification needed. I think I remember seeing a nice selection of exhaust parts at Summit Racing or Stangmods.com

1 - 20 of 28 Posts