Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of black AMRs the day before yesterday put them on drove to work yesterday (my birthday ) while leaving I hopped a curb to a median that's not finished so instead of grass inside the median it was a 2 foot drop and I ruined one rim and tire maybe the other it pushes my driver front tire into the tire well tore the front bumper up possibly a little more , it also has a tick while running now .... Happy birthday...
So today the tow truck will be takin it to the body shop. Hoping insurance covers my wheels an maybe I can get a upgraded bumper . Trying to stay positive but this sucks . On top of this ill have to find transportation bc I didn't have the insurance that covered a rental car . I'm also not 25 so I couldn't have drove it anyways ..
The tires still had the stickers on them .. Makes me sick literally.

image-1650962038.jpg

image-282485453.jpg

image-61392273.jpg

image-509145796.jpg

An expensive careless mistake...

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
How the hell did you manage to do that?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I got a set of black AMRs the day before yesterday put them on drove to work yesterday (my birthday ) while leaving I hopped a curb to a median that's not finished so instead of grass inside the median it was a 2 foot drop and I ruined one rim and tire maybe the other it pushes my driver front tire into the tire well tore the front bumper up possibly a little more , it also has a tick while running now .... Happy birthday...
So today the tow truck will be takin it to the body shop. Hoping insurance covers my wheels an maybe I can get a upgraded bumper . Trying to stay positive but this sucks . On top of this ill have to find transportation bc I didn't have the insurance that covered a rental car . I'm also not 25 so I couldn't have drove it anyways ..
The tires still had the stickers on them .. Makes me sick literally.

An expensive careless mistake...
how did you manage to hop the curb?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sorry to hear that. hope everything works out with the insurance co. :(

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That's awful :(

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Hope you're insurance covers extras, such as rims, stereo upgrades, etc. It's always best to call your agent after you mod your vehicle to make sure the "extras" are covered.

What's your deductable?

Hope the best for you.

And hope the rest of your Birthday went better!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope you're insurance covers extras, such as rims, stereo upgrades, etc. It's always best to call your agent after you mod your vehicle to make sure the "extras" are covered.

What's your deductable?

Hope the best for you.

And hope the rest of your Birthday went better!
That was the whole birthday they said they usually cover up to 1000 dollars of after market damage but they would have to see . If so I'm safe bc it was only the after market wheel.
And I had a high deductible 1000 bucks

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
That was the whole birthday they said they usually cover up to 1000 dollars of after market damage but they would have to see . If so I'm safe bc it was only the after market wheel.
And I had a high deductible 1000 bucks
Yikes. This day is just not getting any better for you.

It will get better though; it always does.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Don't beat yourself up over it, and don't let others nock you around about it either. Most of us (myself included) have done something to damage our car that we regret; those that say they never did are lying!

That's what insurance is for. Sorry about the large deductable; most folks cannot afford insurance without setting the deductable higher.

Still have the stock wheels? Maybe selling them will help you cover some of the deductable.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do have them still I still had them crammed in the car from having the others put on . I had to use one of the stock wheels so it could be towed .

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I was parked beside it didnt see it out of my window and when I took off never see it coming . And when it topped the curb I rolled/ slid the rest of the way. I felt like a moron
I could see that. Sucks man, good luck, but at least you still have a sweet azz ride. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
When you talk to your agent, have him add the coverage for a rental car. It's only a couple of bucks.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts