Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I pulled my engine apart, I checked the top of the pistons to see if they were oversized, no numbers to be found ANYWHERE on the pistons. So I ordered "stock" pistons, waited a week for them to get here, but they looked a bit small, so I stuck one in the cylinder on my block...come to find out, my pistons were .20 over but they were not marked anywhere. Funny thing is that this engine has a stamp on the side that reads "Authorized Remanufactured Engine: FORD"
So wtf? Ford rebuilt an engine and didnt stamp the pistons? It cost me another $30 to ship them back and get the .20 over pistons, and it set my rebuild off another 2 weeks because it will be a week before they get there and process, then another week before the new ones get here.
I'm pretty pissed off at FORD rite now.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
FORDGT14 said:
So when I pulled my engine apart, I checked the top of the pistons to see if they were oversized, no numbers to be found ANYWHERE on the pistons. So I ordered "stock" pistons, waited a week for them to get here, but they looked a bit small, so I stuck one in the cylinder on my block...come to find out, my pistons were .20 over but they were not marked anywhere. Funny thing is that this engine has a stamp on the side that reads "Authorized Remanufactured Engine: FORD"
So wtf? Ford rebuilt an engine and didnt stamp the pistons? It cost me another $30 to ship them back and get the .20 over pistons, and it set my rebuild off another 2 weeks because it will be a week before they get there and process, then another week before the new ones get here.
I'm pretty pissed off at FORD rite now.
That is a little odd I wonder if anyone here knows more about that...i have a chevy 454 that was .30 over when I bought it and the pistons were marked..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XXSTEVEO66 said:
That is a little odd I wonder if anyone here knows more about that...i have a chevy 454 that was .30 over when I bought it and the pistons were marked..
The car was built in California, maybe they dont do that there?
It was just very stupid of them not to label the pistons. My new .20 over pistons are stamped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts