Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
check the shock bushings...not the shocks themselves but the bushings under the carpeting in the trunk and under the car

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
exhaust hanger bushings? they could be worn out where the tail pipes are held on at

·
Registered
171 Posts
The iso as in spring isolator the rubber between the spring and where it seats. Should be something on top and bottom.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
could it be the quadrashocks? have you removed those and checked to see if it was them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could it be the quadrashocks? have you removed those and checked to see if it was them?
If I put the back seats down and drive down the road it's really loud in the truck.. I haven't tested those shocks yet just the main ones.. If its that loud in the truck it's got to be the springs huh?

·
Registered
631 Posts
If I put the back seats down and drive down the road it's really loud in the truck.. I haven't tested those shocks yet just the main ones.. If its that loud in the truck it's got to be the springs huh?
It could be exhaust hangers?? The rubber pieces in them

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the same sound, I havnt gotten around to searching for it though. It really sounds like shock bushings to me. The quadrashocks could be the culprit. Might try some wd40 on the bushings and let it soak in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the same sound, I havnt gotten around to searching for it though. It really sounds like shock bushings to me. The quadrashocks could be the culprit. Might try some wd40 on the bushings and let it soak in.
Ill try that.. Ill let you know if it works thanks

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Nah I looked and the sound is coming higher and lower those shocks

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Ill try that.. Ill let you know if it works thanks

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Nah I looked and the sound is coming higher and lower those shocks
Than*

·
Registered
300 Posts
So really, if its higher, what else is up there? just the shock bushings that go through the body. Weirdness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So really, if its higher, what else is up there? just the shock bushings that go through the body. Weirdness.
Yeah but when I unhooked the main shock from the axle it still squeaked so I'm guessing the springs are bad.. I'd hate to get lowering springs because I have a procharger kit on the car and it rides 5 inches from the ground so any lower It'd get damaged

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sounds like sway bar bushings. Spray them with white lithium grease and see if it helps. And don't use wd40 it dries the bushings out I think.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts