Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang Has a 289 2valve V8. Stock it has 200hp but i have a 4 barrel edlebrock carb, a new cam, dual exhaust w/ Headers and flowmaster 40 series mufflers. So wut wold the horsepower be? I'd really like to know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the stock 4 barrel had 225, so with your add ons I would guess 275, remember the high performance had 271 with a slightly bigger carb and a solid lifter cam..

·
Registered
34 Posts
about 230 hp, to wake it up even more pull the distributor out, crank the engine around to 3 degrees btdc then re install the distributor to fire on # 1 ( first plug on the passenger side ), and get a k&n air filter, you will really notice the difference...

·
Registered
43 Posts
230 -245hp depending on what cam you have in it. i'd put in flat top pistons brings comp ratio up to 9.8:1 with stock 289 heads. drop a set of edelbrock aluminum or widsor jr lite heads on there and you'll gain another 40hp you'll be in the 285-295 range. with a motor that will really wind out (high rpms). great motor. i put a stoker 351 (427ci)in my 68,approx 425 hp. serious power.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Take it to a dyno test just because it will give you a accurate reading but make sure the dyno test operator is good because he could blow your engine. I have blown plenty of subaru engine's on sti's and wrx's it a difficult thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts