Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I don't need it, but what will a V6 sound with the X-chamber?
Will it be "better" than the H-pipe or wont it matter?

And will there be any gains/loss with it or will it be the same as the stock Y-pipe?

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
You might.... see a slight increase in hp, but not enough to bothering swapping from ah H-pipe. If you still have a y-pipe, then yes go with a X-pipe if you can. Your exhaust tone would stay the same if you had an H-pipe. The only thing that will really change that is different mufflers or if you get ALOT of air moving through your exhaust.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I got my stock Y-pipe and duals from Flowmasters connected to the Y-pipe. My problem is that since I'm lowered, my driveshaft hits the exhaust pipe. I know a H or a X pipe will help me and my problem.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have those furry things on, need to have them over here

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
still though i doubt you get any real gains, im sure a little but you will move your tq up a tad... its a step on the road of modifications though if you do plan to go into the motor you will eventually need it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know it wont give me much now, but I do plan to go into my motor and get more performance. Right now I'm just doing it due to the scraping of the driveshaft and exhaust pipe when I got 2 or more in the car (usually only my girl, me and our 75lbs dog).

My dream is to drop a V8 in it, so I might get a crate engine in a few years from now. So I mod my car with that in mind. :)

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Brent said:
Lets see how bad it sounds when my new engine is in :)
Hey remember at Greenville at the races? I had no cats then, how did it sound then?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crap, its on backorder, hope it don't take too long :pnoid:

Got a video/sound clip of it?

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
No cats sounds like ass on a stock V6 but a built engine with a cam is entirely different. Robs car as well as mine sound pretty damn good. I am always having people come up to me and say they cant believe it is a V6. At idle it sounds like a 5.0 but when the RPM's go up it is entirely different. It has a unique sound all of its own. If I was to say what it sounds like. I would say it sounds more like a heavily modded V6 supra or 300Z in the 2000 to 3000 rpm range. Here is a sound clip from Team Fords SCT Tuning Day. Krazy Pony took these while they were dyno tuning my car. The guy slipping on the dyno wheel is Mike Troyer who owns a Ford Truck Customizing shop in Maryland I believe. HAHHAAHAHA

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77339&postcount=17

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn, your car sounds awesome :worship:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
haha, wow, in that last vid he about got owned.
hehee, that killz!

What cam do you have DD?

Not too wild is it? But sounds great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts