Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mustang Gt & I just recently bought my Roush Catback Exhaust but haven't installed it yet. I want to get an X or H pipe soon but idk the difference of the two. I want the one that gives you the most HP but at the same time I want my car to sound amazing. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
636 Posts
LMNO said:
I have a 2010 Mustang Gt & I just recently bought my Roush Catback Exhaust but haven't installed it yet. I want to get an X or H pipe soon but idk the difference of the two. I want the one that gives you the most HP but at the same time I want my car to sound amazing. Any Suggestions?
x gives about 1 or 2 more hp, but in most peoples opinion, h sounds better. exhaust wont really give you any noticable hp unless you do headers also.

if you want, i have a brand new OR hpipe im selling.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soccerfreak2143 said:
x gives about 1 or 2 more hp, but in most peoples opinion, h sounds better. exhaust wont really give you any noticable hp unless you do headers also.

if you want, i have a brand new OR hpipe im selling.
How much are u selling it For? Do u know how much HP gain you get from it? & I also do plan on getting headers in the future

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
soccerfreak2143 said:
im selling for 150 plus shipping. you probably get 1 or 2 hp from it, but again, nothing noticeable either way.
I would expect more than that. How about with long tube headers? & is the h pipe suitable for my car? I see you have an older model & a v6

·
Registered
636 Posts
LMNO said:
I would expect more than that. How about with long tube headers? & is the h pipe suitable for my car? I see you have an older model & a v6
i dont think it would work with lt headers, but i think long tubes will give you the most hp/tq out of any exhaust setup. it will work with your stock headers though. the 2010 stangs are the same performance-wise to the 05-09 stangs, just a different body style.

also, it may get more than that, i could be wrong...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
soccerfreak2143 said:
i dont think it would work with lt headers, but i think long tubes will give you the most hp/tq out of any exhaust setup. it will work with your stock headers though. the 2010 stangs are the same performance-wise to the 05-09 stangs, just a different body style.

also, it may get more than that, i could be wrong...
I can't have an H pipe with LT Headers??

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soccerfreak2143 said:
you can sry, just not the one I'm selling. I think if you have lt headers you have to have a shortened mid pipe
I plan on getting headers after the LT headers. Do I have to buy the complete set? Do certain pipes fit certain headers?

·
Registered
636 Posts
LMNO said:
I plan on getting headers after the LT headers. Do I have to buy the complete set? Do certain pipes fit certain headers?
im gonna let someone else answer this. my knowledge of exhaust is is pretty limited, sorry.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
soccerfreak2143 said:
im selling for 150 plus shipping. you probably get 1 or 2 hp from it, but again, nothing noticeable either way.
If you have parts to sell please post them in the classified section for sale. Selling/advertising parts in tech threads is against forum rules.

·
Registered
53 Posts
deadsp0t said:
If you have parts to sell please post them in the classified section for sale. Selling/advertising parts in tech threads is against forum rules.
Even if somebody ask you how much your selling something for in the thread you are currently in.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

deadsp0t said:

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
If you want to do the LTs with mid pipe then wait and get a combo at the same time. It will save you money and headaches. Do you have a tuner already?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DDTCM said:
If you want to do the LTs with mid pipe then wait and get a combo at the same time. It will save you money and headaches. Do you have a tuner already?
Ya I have a tuner. So far I'n my car I had a JLT CAI with tune. I'm just curious that if I go with an h pipe do I need to get headers at the same time? I was researching & it says I need headers to go with the h pipe or vise versa

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
2011CS said:
Even if somebody ask you how much your selling something for in the thread you are currently in.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------
Yes please, and thanks in advance.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You can do a bolt in x but you will have to change that out later for one that works with your LTs. I would just wait and do it all together

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DDTCM said:
You can do a bolt in x but you will have to change that out later for one that works with your LTs. I would just wait and do it all together
The combos are to much to buy at one time. I want my roush catback to sound louder. Any sites wherei can buy a bolt on h pipe? I like the h pipe more than the x. IMO

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My concern is if I can get any H Pype that can fit my stock headers & then later on gets headers that be added to it. I'm looking towards the bbk offroad h pipe & then get the bbk lt headers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts