Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my luck. First time I order from AM and it seems whoever packed the box doesn't know their letters. I've been itching to put an x pipe on. Finally get it and take the box to the muffler shop. He gets the car in the air and tore apart, opens the box to install the new one and I ended up with 2 left side pipes. Called AM and spoke with jared he says they'll ship another Monday. Doesn't do me any good Monday. Car is tore apart and deal is made and paid for. So the mechanics going to rig it with the original flange.
Here's my issue. Why am I going to have to pay twice for they're screw up? Pisses me off.

·
Registered
367 Posts
tbh, kinda sounds like your own problem.. just sayin, people are human, they make mistakes in life. haven't you ever made a mistake?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I can understand your frustration. Sometimes you're so excited about something you forget. It sucks that ur exhaust guy is gonna make you pay twice to get ur x pipe put on. Seems like that guy could of be a little more sympathetic to ur situation. Maybe even hook you up with a discounted price or something the second time around. But it is always good to check your boxes. AM is sending out 1000's of parts a week. They're gonna mess up. There's not much they can do besides send you a new part first thing Monday. Also there is a good chance that the manufacturer packaged the box and the manufacturer messed up not AM...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can understand your frustration. Sometimes you're so excited about something you forget. It sucks that ur exhaust guy is gonna make you pay twice to get ur x pipe put on. Seems like that guy could of be a little more sympathetic to ur situation. Maybe even hook you up with a discounted price or something the second time around. But it is always good to check your boxes. AM is sending out 1000's of parts a week. They're gonna mess up. There's not much they can do besides send you a new part first thing Monday. Also there is a good chance that the manufacturer packaged the box and the manufacturer messed up not AM...
Im just *****ing on here. I have no reason to blame AM.
I stated "whoever packed the box".
You are right they send out thousands a week, so I get screw ups.
Everything falls on my first sentence at the beginning.
Just my luck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Always a good idea to check your order. I don't even trust the staff at Drive-Thru restaurants. Sucks that it happened, but AM has great Customer Support and they'll do everything in thier power to make sure you're happy and will buy from them again.

No reason to be upset at AM, at your exhaust guy, or yourself really. Just check your contents first in the future. In fact, you can find a number of threads dealing with similar issues (wrong items shipped, etc) which should have been a red flag to check your box.

Just consider it a bump in the road. Put the hammer down and keep on driving!

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts