Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is "best" with longtubes on a V6, X/H-pipe?

Henry

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
To be honest, you don't need either on the v6, it's an even firing engine. I ran true duals on mine and it's fine. The H/X pipes supposadly add sound, but I dunno

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used to have true duals and in theory I agree with not needing one although there is much discussion on the topic. Sound should improve with a crossover of some type I am told. When I changed my headers to LTs I went with an H just because that was the only one made to bolt right up (MAC H). However, the place sent me one for a v8 and the hangers were in the wrong place so it wasn't as easy as I had hoped anyway. :disgust: I would have preferred an X (heard the sound and flow was the best but couldn't find one made to fit). You could make one to fit or have an exhaust shop do it though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
noone makes an X-pipe for the 3.8's but you can get one custom fabbed and those sound really good.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Doesnt matter they are a waste of money IMO. Mostly everything is good for awhile on a mustang. You really didnt even need to get the longtube headers.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Unless you are

A. Going to supercharge beyond 300+ long tubes are not needed
B. X or H pipe is only necessary on Modded engines with hot cam, P&P heads and intakes otherwise just a waste of money.
C. Stock V6 exhaust on a stock motor is not creating a loss of HP condition.
D.Running duals on your stock stang may give you 1-3 HP or you may lose. The main reason for duals is for sound and when you do mod the motor you r exhaust is ready.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I hope I get heads and intake. Just need to wait on a guy named Corey to give me some shipping info :p: :D (I got PayPal by the way)

I need to do something with my exhaust since my driveshaft hit's my Y-pipe (dual Flowmaster bolt on), since I'm lowered.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
high flow H for an LT setup to keep her a little lower toned thats just me though

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want my car to be as loud as it can be, but still sounding good :)

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
NorwegianMustang said:
Well, I hope I get heads and intake. Just need to wait on a guy named Corey to give me some shipping info :p: :D (I got PayPal by the way)

I need to do something with my exhaust since my driveshaft hit's my Y-pipe (dual Flowmaster bolt on), since I'm lowered.
Hey dude I haven't forgotten you I have been very busy. I have it boxed up I just have not been able to get it weighed. In will take it up tomorrow

Sorry

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
loud and sound good dont go together on a v6 stang... they just dont sound good "uncapped" unless you like high pitched ricy sounding even fire motors.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Danger Dude said:
Hey dude I haven't forgotten you I have been very busy. I have it boxed up I just have not been able to get it weighed. In will take it up tomorrow

Sorry
No worries, know how it is these days. Too much too :disgust:

SpectorV said:
loud and sound good dont go together on a v6 stang... they just dont sound good "uncapped" unless you like high pitched ricy sounding even fire motors.
Guess I better just ship my Mustang back to the states and rip out everything and put a V8 in it then? :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So just put on straight pipes and I'm okey?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
01mineralgrey6 said:
pretty much
Ok thanks, gonna lift my car up and cut of my Y then.

But what about backpressure? or is that like not a whole lot different?

Ahh, screw the backpressure, let me put om ricer exhaust :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Unless you are

A. Going to supercharge beyond 300+ long tubes are not needed
B. X or H pipe is only necessary on Modded engines with hot cam, P&P heads and intakes otherwise just a waste of money.
C. Stock V6 exhaust on a stock motor is not creating a loss of HP condition.
D.Running duals on your stock stang may give you 1-3 HP or you may lose. The main reason for duals is for sound and when you do mod the motor you r exhaust is ready.
I'm not sure you'll lose hp, but I know you'll lose lots of torque.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
97Stallion said:
I'm not sure you'll lose hp, but I know you'll lose lots of torque.
There are a couple of people that show a net loss. However I may contend that the dyno numbers might have been no gain but with changing varibles such as engine temp or or outside temp they showed a loss but was more than likely just a + or - deviation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts