Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I went to one of the local shops near me that is very well known for doing custom exhaust. I talked with the owner there and he said he could set me up with something to get me a little bit more noise and a bit more power.
I have a 99 GT and it has four cats on it. He wants to eliminate the two cats closer to the rear of the car, relocate the O2 sensors, and then put in an x-pipe. Is there anything that I should be concerned with? He said it will still pass emissions and it would not throw any codes. He would do all of this under the table with no receipt for $285. Thoughts?

·
Registered
185 Posts
daddydigest said:
Hey guys! I went to one of the local shops near me that is very well known for doing custom exhaust. I talked with the owner there and he said he could set me up with something to get me a little bit more noise and a bit more power.
I have a 99 GT and it has four cats on it. He wants to eliminate the two cats closer to the rear of the car, relocate the O2 sensors, and then put in an x-pipe. Is there anything that I should be concerned with? He said it will still pass emissions and it would not throw any codes. He would do all of this under the table with no receipt for $285. Thoughts?
I just did that actually cut my cats but kept original pipe. Light won't come on but car will also not pass emissions. I had mine done for 60 also under the table and already knew it won't pass smog afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts