Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some opinions and input here! Im thinking bout switching my Pypes x-pipe to maybe a custom h-pipe or cut and clamp one.....I've got Pypes shorty headers and Pypes mid muffler catback. Do y'all think an h-pipe will give a better sound?

·
Registered
488 Posts
And if I rev it, it just kinda trumpets after 3,000rpm
Yeah I had pypes shortys double h pipe an gt500 take offs an its a nice rumble when I started it up an when I was cruising but when I got on it , it's clear an loud I didn't really know what to think about it but I got alot of compliments about the sound cause alot of v6's where I'm at have like a 350z sound an u can tell the difference

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
X pipe has that hollow tin can rasp to it IMO which is not the sound I want for my Stang. I like the heavy rumble the H pipe delivers hands down ... That's rasp just makes it sound light in the a$$... But that's my preference "no diss"

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
H pipes sound so much better than X pipes on the 4.0s, divorced duals sound pretty good also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.