Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U have the opportunity to get an x pipe for 125. It's used an I have stock exhaust for now. What do you think, should I get it?
I only have 2100 miles on my 5.0. I was thinking about stock gt500 exhaust because I can get that for the same price without voiding the warranty.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You are gonna need a tune for that unless you are willing to ride around with the check engine light on. If you do tune for it.......bye bye warranty.

The GT500 axelbacks won't require a tune and won't void your warranty.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
DDTCM said:
You are gonna need a tune for that unless you are willing to ride around with the check engine light on. If you do tune for it.......bye bye warranty.

The GT500 axelbacks won't require a tune and won't void your warranty.
If it were a pipe with high flow cats would it still require a tune?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Do those even make much of a difference, other than sound?
I've never seen any hard proof(dyno tests) but I can say a while back a guy I knew went from the standard o/r set up to a full Bassani kit, headers to tail pipes on a 97 Cobra and that car went from pretty fast to wow.. He never would drag it. My car at the time was 9.0-8.8 in the 1/8th and before it was a drivers race after he took me 9 out of 10 times.
As far as the sound... Intoxicating.. And at the time I thought all Mod motors sounded awful, his car sounded amazing to me.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
We just had this discussion over on S197 and if you want power from the mid pipe you need to go catless. High flows do nothing but add rasp.

·
Banned
699 Posts
You want to keep your warrenty so go with the 500 exhaust when ur warrenty's done then do the hole exhaust system from the block back l/t headers off road x pipe the works and tune it other wise do nothing now and just wait till u dont have to worry about your warrenty. And like i said from the block back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have magneflow from the headers back and I still have my warranty on mine they even said I did

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

And a tune

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Blackcat said:
I have magneflow from the headers back and I still have my warranty on mine they even said I did

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

And a tune
That's because you have not had any warranty work that's tied to the ECU. When you do it WILL be a different story. Like say an engine or tranny.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts