Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going with o/r x pipe but what one to get? I see alot with bbk and some with upr...what's better and is there even a Differnce?!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'm going with o/r x pipe but what one to get? I see alot with bbk and some with upr...what's better and is there even a Differnce?!
When your going with an Road Mid Pipe, brand doesn't mean anything!.. I've got a O/R X-pipe from Pypes and it's been on there for just over 4 years, fits perfectly and zero problems!.. Put it this way, it's really just a tube!.. So it don't mater what name is on it, it will perform and sound the same!..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Now I know some one will probably come on here and say, "that's not true!.. This brand here is better because______!...."

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Eturner said:
When your going with an Road Mid Pipe, brand doesn't mean anything!.. I've got a O/R X-pipe from Pypes and it's been on there for just over 4 years, fits perfectly and zero problems!.. Put it this way, it's really just a tube!.. So it don't mater what name is on it, it will perform and sound the same!..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Now I know some one will probably come on here and say, "that's not true!.. This brand here is better because______!...."
This is true if it fits get it I just said bassani bc I know they have good fit ment

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Very true! I know they sound the same but I was just testing the waters

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
This is true if it fits get it I just said bassani bc I know they have good fit ment
They do have good fitment!.. But they are over priced a bit!.. When I got my X-pipe I only paid about $100 for it!.. I think the next cheapest one was SLP and they wanted almost $200 for theirs!.. But that was also 4 years ago!..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
When going with exhaust, spend that little extra... Bassani is SOOOOO worth the money!!!!!
For just a piece of pipe no it's not!.. All your doing in this case is paying for a name!.. An O/R X-pipe is an O/R X-pipe!.. There is no difference in them!..

·
Registered
523 Posts

+1,000,000

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea it really is just some bended pipe with a name ... And I it doesn't fit that's what the return policy is for lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
Actually BBK and bassani sound the same but sound different than upr... They're all very similar but different in ways...
1) I've heard BBK isn't a true x pipe because it doesn't actually crossover like upr.. Idk if that's true tho.
2) BBK and bassani have a chamber like piece in the "crossover" which makes it sound different. Look up vids on YouTube it has a really hollow sound to it versus a little more rasp on the upr.
3) I wouldn't recommend BBK cause I used to have a BBK x pipe and the way they're built they hang down really low. I'm not the only one either.. Before my car was lowered I was scraping with that thing. So I got a upr 2 years ago it's awesome

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually BBK and bassani sound the same but sound different than upr... They're all very similar but different in ways...
1) I've heard BBK isn't a true x pipe because it doesn't actually crossover like upr.. Idk if that's true tho.
2) BBK and bassani have a chamber like piece in the "crossover" which makes it sound different. Look up vids on YouTube it has a really hollow sound to it versus a little more rasp on the upr.
3) I wouldn't recommend BBK cause I used to have a BBK x pipe and the way they're built they hang down really low. I'm not the only one either.. Before my car was lowered I was scraping with that thing. So I got a upr 2 years ago it's awesome
Maybe I should go with upr haha I like the way it looks too! And it's cheaper! Did you have any problems putting it up?

·
Registered
262 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Does UPR only sell X pipes? I haven't come across any H pipes
Yea pretty sure they only sell x pipes

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Sonicblue11 said:
Maybe I should go with upr haha I like the way it looks too! And it's cheaper! Did you have any problems putting it up?
Had to cut and weld in one spot but it only took a second.. Fits great and sounds great. Good price too

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea pretty sure they only sell x pipes

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Had to cut and weld in one spot but it only took a second.. Fits great and sounds great. Good price too
What part of it did you have to cut?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I have a upr x pipe and the only problem was taking off the factory h pipe the passenger bolt on the manifold is surely a pain in the a$$!!!
Did you have to do any modifications to make it fit?!

·
Registered
559 Posts
My bassani x pipe fit flawlessly. Only thing I'd recommend is to zip tie the wires that hang down so they won't get too hot and melt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts