Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh alright dats good....i have another questing my car wen i hit the throttle my car loses power in first gear around 4.5 rpm nd it losses powere everytime i switch gear

·
Registered
861 Posts
What do you mean it loses power? Like deadspotting? That could be fuel pressure, fuel pump, injectors, ignition timing. Check ignition timing first and fuel pressure.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Oh alright dats good....i have another questing my car wen i hit the throttle my car loses power in first gear around 4.5 rpm nd it losses powere everytime i switch gear
Check compression of all cylinders Also do you mean bogging? It could be from your fuel/air ratio

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like i will hit the throttel on first gear hiting 4.5 rpm it will not pick up speed anymore and when i change to second it takes a while to pick up speed agien

·
Registered
461 Posts
Like i will hit the throttel on first gear hiting 4.5 rpm it will not pick up speed anymore and when i change to second it takes a while to pick up speed agien
Timing is not the issue. Check air filter,fuel air ratio, compression, may even need to clean out intake manifold if its that bad.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Timing being off could cause that problem. Like billymich said check your fuel pressure and if you dont know how old your fuel filter is go ahead and change it they are pretty cheap. If i had to bet on it id say its your cap and rotor. Check those along with your plugs and wires. Make sure your plugs are gapped correctly. You should also test your tfi module on the distributor as that will cause power loss too. There is an article in the useful info thread that tells you how to test that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think i found my problem i think is my maf sensor cuz i diconected it nd i drove it around nd it was driving peerfect nd ill connect it bakk nd drive it around nd it will lose power

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im just going to buy a new one cuz the one i have is a cheep one from amazon...wats a goos maf nd how many milmeters should i get it

·
Registered
493 Posts
Im just going to buy a new one cuz the one i have is a cheep one from amazon...wats a goos maf nd how many milmeters should i get it
A good general rule is 5mm bigger than your TB. Your stock MAF is already a 70mm. (Not sure of your TB size cause I'm a fox guy) I would venture to say that a cheapo MAF could be your problem though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes. It does have the same engine. But, the TB on a fox is 60mm and the MAF is 55mm. Restrictive as hell! The MAF on yours is 70mm. Like I say, not sure of the TB size.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Yes. It does have the same engine. But, the TB on a fox is 60mm and the MAF is 55mm. Restrictive as hell! The MAF on yours is 70mm. Like I say, not sure of the TB size.
Also, pretty sure your bottom end dosent have forged pistons.
Stock throttle body on a 94/95 should be 60mm if im not mistaken. And the 93-95 5.0s had hypereutectic pistons.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts