Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped my winter savings on suspension and seats for my Mach 1 and now im down to the last piece of the puzzle. Spring Isolaters. This wont be my first suspension swap but last time I used Poly and will never again suffer through that squeaky hell ever again. Ford quoted me over 260 for a full set of isolaters and mine are pretty much shot. Im not too worried about using the old ones but would prefer to use the new ones. Does anyone know of a set of rubber Isos? I will just use some rubber heater hose if need be for the front lower isos ( good results according to some people on other forums, but the rest of the isos. Also, does anyone know what the inner and outer diameter of our springs are?

-cheers.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Ive got some old ones if you need it...i never run ISOs in any of my stangs so they just pile up when i take them out. For new id call LMR

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
not at all...they are supposed to keep the springs from making creaking noises, but i've never had any issue with it...besides that you'll lower your car about a 1/4" by pulling them

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1slosix said:
Ive got some old ones if you need it...i never run ISOs in any of my stangs so they just pile up when i take them out. For new id call LMR
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna reuse the old ones and replace the lower one with heater hose. Biggest thing I think they do is protect the powder coat on the springs. But i just wanna do it by the book.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't put any isos on, I did put them om my GT and I hate them Bcuz my car didn't dropped as much as I'd liked it I wanna take them out now but I Just haven't have time to do it

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gera8712 said:
Don't put any isos on, I did put them om my GT and I hate them Bcuz my car didn't dropped as much as I'd liked it I wanna take them out now but I Just haven't have time to do it
I'll check out the ride height but im not that worried about lowering it that far. It's still my dd and that includes winter driving haha.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Polar Bear said:
My car has Eibach lowering springs and I've renamed it "Snowplow".
Haha. U have the sport or pro springs? I'm just getting the pro springs but I could always shave a quarter coil haha.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Haha. U have the sport or pro springs? I'm just getting the pro springs but I could always shave a quarter coil haha.
No idea. They were on the car when I bought it past year. Black springs. Looks great though. Been trying to get my hands on stock springs do I can raise it for the winter.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Polar Bear said:
No idea. They were on the car when I bought it past year. Black springs. Looks great though. Been trying to get my hands on stock springs do I can raise it for the winter.
I do have a set of stock springs out of my old 96 gt in my garage I think. But depending on your location it might be too expensive to ship them haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts