Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a bonus from work (sweet!) and after accessing the home situation going to use it for some mustang suspension. Got about 300 to spend and can chip in some extra if needed. I got in the SR springs and waiting on the panhard bar now. I'm looking at sway bar kits. What do you all have and or recommend. I plan on doing some autocross this year so trying to get my mustangs suspension tight! Also I came across this granatelli sway bar kit but can't find any reviews for it. Anybody know anything about them as a company and if they're ok? Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got the same springs, I also got rear lower control arms by BMR and a J&M panhard that's
adjustable. You may not need the panhard but it's nice to have just in case. Are you going to
install the springs yourself? Most shops won't install lowering springs due to liability issues.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah it'll be and my friends that do it. We just installed a set of eibachs on my buddys mach 1 so I imagine it shouldn't be too much different or harder. I thought about lcas but I'm not sold on it them just yet. At least not enough to change the order in which I want to get things.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah it'll be and my friends that do it. We just installed a set of eibachs on my buddys mach 1 so I imagine it shouldn't be too much different or harder. I thought about lcas but I'm not sold on it them just yet. At least not enough to change the order in which I want to get things.
LCA's make a huge difference. I was surprised. It really plants the tires, I could tell a difference in the rain also. I'm going to lower mine and replace struts and shocks, panhard, but so far LCA's is the only suspension mod.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ya I got the BMR LCAs and they really do make a difference. Like no wheel hop and the stock ones are just crap

·
Registered
913 Posts
We're talking about lower control arms. There not that hard to install. Probably an hour to install both. And the J&M ones are good. They make a good product

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
how hard are they to put in? and are the J&M ones any good? also are you all talking about lower and upper or just one?
They're real easy, I haven't replaced the upper yet. You basically jack up the axle , support it on jack stands, remove parking brake cable because it goes through the oem LCA, grease bushings, replace LCA's. Ford recommends ordering new bolts and nuts, they are considered a one time use. Check out some of the install instructions on AM. You will need a torque wrench to get the bolts to 129 ft.lbs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congratulations on the Bonus from work I will be getting a rather large one from work also in a few months. The only problem with my Bonus is I have to go to work in North Dekota for the next 3 months to earn it LOL I will be working lots of long hr. and 7 days a week.
I did the same thing last year and Banked over 15K in savings came home and paid cash for my Harley and put a nice down payment on my GT.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Congratulations on the Bonus from work I will be getting a rather large one from work also in a few months. The only problem with my Bonus is I have to go to work in North Dekota for the next 3 months to earn it LOL I will be working lots of long hr. and 7 days a week.
I did the same thing last year and Banked over 15K in savings came home and paid cash for my Harley and put a nice down payment on my GT.
Working oilfield or landman?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Working oilfield or landman?
oilfield support I'm a Field service tech (construction equipment mechanic) for a large rental equipment company

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
oilfield support I'm a Field service tech (construction equipment mechanic) for a large rental equipment company
Cool, I'm a landman in Texas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cool, I'm a landman in Texas.
Cool I tried to get them to send me to Texas instead of North Dekota because its warmer in texas LOL the only other option I had was Canada and I told them I was not going to canada

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
LCA's make a huge difference. I was surprised. It really plants the tires, I could tell a difference in the rain also. I'm going to lower mine and replace struts and shocks, panhard, but so far LCA's is the only suspension mod.
They do! They kill most of the Live axle feel. Feel great.

As for the quality of J&M. Their price will allow for some imperfections at times.

My story:

The one LCA was ever so slightly shorter than the other, so when I bolted on in and then unbolted the otherside, the resistance caused from the slightly shorter one swing the axle off the jackstand and the car teetered on 2 adjacent points and it took Allah, Jesus, Buddah and Yosemite Sam to hold the car falling and my friend running fast enough to push it back, which then took VERY careful maneuvering and Thor strength and effort to attached the second LCA while the car semi teetered. Will this happen to you? Probably not, but these are parts that need PERFECT length.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They do! They kill most of the Live axle feel. Feel great.

As for the quality of J&M. Their price will allow for some imperfections at times.

My story:

The one LCA was ever so slightly shorter than the other, so when I bolted on in and then unbolted the otherside, the resistance caused from the slightly shorter one swing the axle off the jackstand and the car teetered on 2 adjacent points and it took Allah, Jesus, Buddah and Yosemite Sam to hold the car falling and my friend running fast enough to push it back, which then took VERY careful maneuvering and Thor strength and effort to attached the second LCA while the car semi teetered. Will this happen to you? Probably not, but these are parts that need PERFECT length.
Oh man, that is crazy. I think I would have had a heartattack if that happened to me.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If you're planning on lowering your car, you may want to consider getting adjustable LCA's. If you get solid, then after lowering, you really to use relocation brackets so that it doesn't push the axle back and mess up the geometry. But the brackets can be installed later and aren't a big deal to put in.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If you're planning on lowering your car, you may want to consider getting adjustable LCA's. If you get solid, then after lowering, you really to use relocation brackets so that it doesn't push the axle back and mess up the geometry. But the brackets can be installed later and aren't a big deal to put in.
Correct. Just by looking at it after my 1"inch drop you could see improper negative angle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
hmmm...maybe these should be my first mod then you think? What do you think of the Eibach Pro-Alignment Rear Lower Control Arm? I don't know when I'll ever get around to lowering it...but midpipe, intake and tune are at the top of the list first after eliminating the wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
hmmm...maybe these should be my first mod then you think? What do you think of the Eibach Pro-Alignment Rear Lower Control Arm? I don't know when I'll ever get around to lowering it...but midpipe, intake and tune are at the top of the list first after eliminating the wheel hop.
Those look pretty good. Double adjustable. I've Steeda and love them. Eibach makes good stuff. It'll be a huge improvement over stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts