Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get a S/C, I'm just going to fool around with the exhaust, rims, get a CAI, do interior stuff, and get a nitrous system. Well, contemplating on the nitrous system. Living where I am, I have no clue if there's a place I could even get it refilled. I read up on Zim's thread about how to install the nitrous, but it felt a little hard not knowing exactly what goes where. Are the instructions any easier, or should I hope someone makes a tutorial in Vid format that I could download? lol
Yeah, it feels like I'm rambling, but there are some questions in there.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Brent said:
if mike can install it you can install it :)
this is true. If you want me to make a video of it, i suppose i could :confused: itd just already be installed, but it would giv eyou a better idea of where things went. Also, the electrical stuff is a lot more complicated then the nitrous components themselves. Really all you have to do is connect the bottle to the n20 solenoid, then that to your nozzle... then youd have to run a line from the fuel rail to your fuel solenoid, and then run another line from that solenoid to the same nozzle where you ran the nitrous line. It sounds complicated in words, but it really is pretty simple.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For me I have to drive 45-60 minutes depending on traffic everytime I want to get filled.

I did a NX install on my car myself, its can't be hard if I could do it. Just be careful and take your time.

When I was hooking up the fuel solinoid, I was foolish and overtightened the schrader(sp) valve in the fuel rail and snapped it off. 150$ and a few days later... Just be cautious because I don't think I'm the first person this happened to.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZimStang said:
this is true. If you want me to make a video of it, i suppose i could :confused: itd just already be installed, but it would giv eyou a better idea of where things went. Also, the electrical stuff is a lot more complicated then the nitrous components themselves. Really all you have to do is connect the bottle to the n20 solenoid, then that to your nozzle... then youd have to run a line from the fuel rail to your fuel solenoid, and then run another line from that solenoid to the same nozzle where you ran the nitrous line. It sounds complicated in words, but it really is pretty simple.

that of course would be another thing, I'd want a switch board so I could have easy access to turning on/off. From hearing everything, it sounds easy but when I look under my hood and look at everything, I'm afraid I'll screw something up without someone there to guide me through it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BrooksPS said:
For me I have to drive 45-60 minutes depending on traffic everytime I want to get filled.

I did a NX install on my car myself, its can't be hard if I could do it. Just be careful and take your time.

When I was hooking up the fuel solinoid, I was foolish and overtightened the schrader(sp) valve in the fuel rail and snapped it off. 150$ and a few days later... Just be cautious because I don't think I'm the first person this happened to.
I'll have to really ask around, the best place of course would be going to the nearest Rice Rocket garage and asking them about it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, well I got my exhaust and CAI covered by a guy at my little bro's work. He told me if I pay in cash I won't get charged with the tax

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Southern California Zim

Thanks tire I will :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

there are two wiring MS Paint diagrams i drew up a while ago and sent those to Zim to help him install nitrous. if you have any questions, just post in here. we will walk you thru it. it is a lot simpler than you think.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
tire said:
that's a good diagram. i don't see a fuse, they are important and aren't negotiable, unless you like to have your car burned to the ground. :)

yeah, fuses are important, but i am just showing the 100% basic kit that you can install. That way he knows what the electrical looks like. the fuse is just one or two more wires.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmmmmm so I see. The diagrams helped a lot, I now see where everything goes :D This all probably means I should get a switch plate for my car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts