Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mustang did not come equip with fog lights therefore I need to buy a after market wiring harness? I'm not very good with the electrical wiring. So that's why I'm asking lol. Therefore has anyone installed the wiring harness and fog lights to their 99'-04'?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I believe the wiring harness is present. Crawl under and take a look. You may need to just wire the light to the harness without having to splice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the wiring harness is present. Crawl under and take a look. You may need to just wire the light to the harness without having to splice.
Even if it never came with fog lights? Okay I'll take a look soon. I'm at work. I just wanted to get the details before I do install them.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Didn't come with them, sorry

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My mustang did not come equip with fog lights therefore I need to buy a after market wiring harness? I'm not very good with the electrical wiring. So that's why I'm asking lol. Therefore has anyone installed the wiring harness and fog lights to their 99'-04'?
Does your stang come with the fog light button? In from of the shifter where the traction control and rear defog is? Mine does but I don't have the fogs. I wonder how far the connection goes

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
sam62893 said:
Does your stang come with the fog light button? In from of the shifter where the traction control and rear defog is? Mine does but I don't have the fogs. I wonder how far the connection goes
None of the v6 mustangs did.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
sam62893 said:
Yeah, but I was wondering about the switch. Or button I should say. I have it and the harness but I don't know how far it goes in
You have a block off piece. That harness doesn't go very far.

You will still need a harness, relay, etc

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm wondering if there's a way to get power from the headings directly..no need for a button or anything, thinking if its possible to splice the fog light wires directly to the headlight wire harness so anytime he turns his headlights on, the fogs are with them at all times

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm wondering if there's a way to get power from the headings directly..no need for a button or anything, thinking if its possible to splice the fog light wires directly to the headlight wire harness so anytime he turns his headlights on, the fogs are with them at all times
I've seen it done. Easiest way I believe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts