Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I'm finally ready to finish my exhaust .... all I have is pypes violators.... I would like long tube headers an a h pype set up..... but also I'm located in Arizona which means I still have to have cats, so no off road pypes :( let me know what y'all think and prefer!!!! thanks!!!!

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You could get the Bassani O/R X pipe with cats, it has cats which are clamped on but it also comes with deletes that you can swap in in seriously 20-30 minutes on jack stands.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Do an O/R H with high flow cats. Sounds amazing. If you can afford Kooks, get them. If not, the Violators with O/R H and Pypes LT's is the setup I had. Loud, but very much awesome!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
BenGT07 said:
Do an O/R H with high flow cats. Sounds amazing. If you can afford Kooks, get them. If not, the Violators with O/R H and Pypes LT's is the setup I had. Loud, but very much awesome!
My 05 had that set up, insanely loud and I loved it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay question.... if buying long tube headers... do I have to buy shorty mid pypes?? Also how and where do the cats fit in with them?

·
Registered
916 Posts
F4m0usfr34k said:
Okay question.... if buying long tube headers... do I have to buy shorty mid pypes?? Also how and where do the cats fit in with them?
Yes you have to get a shorty mid pipe to go along with the long tubes. The cats will be welded into the midpipe. Or you can do a midpipe with no cats.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so another question... am I able to mix brands if exhaust ? I would like to stick with pypes brand but they dnt have a mid pipe with cats :/ am I able to use another brand mid pipe with the pypes long tubes and pypes violators?? Let new know!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Okay so another question... am I able to mix brands if exhaust ? I would like to stick with pypes brand but they dnt have a mid pipe with cats :/ am I able to use another brand mid pipe with the pypes long tubes and pypes violators?? Let new know!
Yep you can use the kooks Catted mid pipe to go with the Pypes longtubes. It will bolt right up!

·
Registered
309 Posts
They do sell high flow cats though. AM has them. A catted H pipe for 99-04 is $379. An O/R H for 05-09 is $209 and a set of high flow cats is $209 as well. Put them together, add ME discount, and behold the awesomeness.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They do sell high flow cats though. AM has them. A catted H pipe for 99-04 is $379. An O/R H for 05-09 is $209 and a set of high flow cats is $209 as well. Put them together, add ME discount, and behold the awesomeness.
Okay so I can just buy high flow cats and weld them on to the off road pipes???

·
Registered
916 Posts
No problem man!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Okay so I can just buy high flow cats and weld them on to the off road pipes???
You don't HAVE to weld them in. You can just bolt them on. But I recommend welding them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts