Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to post about this, but i have a question about tire size.

I'm thinkin about buying some 17x8s and 17x10.5s for my stang.

what size tire would be the cheapest for these?

would 245/45HR17s fit on both of these wheels? I think I saw that somewhere, but I want to clear it up before I start spendin the money... :lol:

:thanks: in advance

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well id rather not look gay, thats why im asking...

So what size tires do i need/want?

i dont know what those numbers mean even, except the last one, i know thats wheel size.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
first is width i know. and i think the second is the height in percentage of the width. so if you had a 245/40 your wheel would be 245 mm wide and the height would be 40% of 245. i think this is right, someone correct me if i am wrong

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
232stang said:
its not ridiculous but i dont think it will look good on a stang
u will want wider or ull look stock or weird

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
fast64 said:
first is width i know. and i think the second is the height in percentage of the width. so if you had a 245/40 your wheel would be 245 mm wide and the height would be 40% of 245. i think this is right, someone correct me if i am wrong
:yup: your right...
I think you could also use a 295/35 and be fairly close to the right height.
And i will be getting some 10.5s with 315s sometime in the future.if and when i get a v8:lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
converting from inches to millimeters is easy too, just take the width in inches and multiply by 25.4 This gives you the approximate tire width for a given rim.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright thanks guys. I found some relatively cheap tires, but they're no name brand (Hankook?), so I think I'll skip them... Rather pay more and get something I know is good quality. Esp since tires are arguably the most important thing on a car ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts