Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Something someone else said in another thread got me going with this, so here goes:

If you could have any three Mustangs, regardless of cost or rarity, with a fully equipped (tools, lift etc) garage which has room for all three of your cars plus workspace, which Mustangs would you have?

The rules are simple;
1.) Cost is no object.
2.) Rarity is no object.
3.) Modifications are no object.

Here's my list.

1.) Shelby 1000 Street - 920 Horsepower, Supercharged Mustang branded with Shelby American. This would be my spring/summer car. I'd take it on long haul trips to car shows outside of my local area. You'd see me at all the shows in my somewhat customized Shelby 1000 "Super Snake". I'd spend what it took to give my 1000 a customized look. It'd be gloss black. It'd be adorned with Cobra badges and, if I could wrangle it, custom wheels from SVT just so I could have my car badged to reflect all the greatest parts of Mustang; Shelby, Cobra, SVT.

2.) Mustang II King Cobra - But wait! What? Yes, friends, a Mustang II. But no ordinary Mustang II. In fact, only on the outside would it even be a II. It'd be running a supercharged Coyote 5.0L in place of the anemic, underpowered 5.0L it has. The rear end would would be swapped out, as would the tranny. The suspension, brakes and all would be completely custom, completely modern. This would be my local-are car show car. It would be well known as the best, and possibly only, properly engineered Mustang II. Oh, and it'd sport a blue and white paint-job just like a certain Charlies Angel. It'd be low, on badass wheels, but still be tasteful enough not to slap the spit out of the old-guy Mustang fans.

3.) My current S195 V6 - Here, with unlimited money, I'd go to town. New 8.8 rear, forced induction, tremec trans, custom interior, custom sound system. This would be my year-round daily driver and as such would be reliable, powerful, but not impractical. It's virtually impossible for me to say what all I'd do to it, given unlimited funds, but I just couldn't see getting rid of it just because I won the car lottery for life. And as such, it'd be one truely bad mama jamma of a sixer. I'd also track it on the weekends, so the suspension and weight would be issues I'd address but not to the point of hampering its daily driveability.

So that's my ultimate 3 Mustang Garage.

What about you?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1967 Eleanor
2003/04 Terminator
2012 Roush 427R
Not even the REAL Eleanor?

You kids need to watch the real, original Gone In Sixty Seconds...

Where Eleanor was a proper 1971 Mach 1.

And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was talking down at anyone.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The 87 svo 270 hp concept with Dohc

04 screaming yellow cobra on ccw classics

And my 85 with a turbo coyote

·
Registered
15 Posts
1988 GT
2004 Mystichrome Termi
2012 UBB Widow Maker 1100

·
Registered
622 Posts
1967 Eleanor
2003/04 Terminator
2012 Roush 427R
Eleanor wasnt a real 67 either.... (the 2000 movie with nicholos cage) it was a 68 fastback with a body kit.... I watched foose build that car.... It had 68 side scoops too.... 67 were different

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

1. Shelby 1000 (street legal version)
2.1965 Mustang fastback GT350
3.1995 Cobra..(yea yea i said 95 because its the same body style of my car... Only with different taillights..)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
!

Eleanor wasnt a real 67 either.... (the 2000 movie with nicholos cage) it was a 68 fastback with a body kit.... I watched foose build that car.... It had 68 side scoops too.... 67 were different

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

1. Shelby 1000 (street legal version)
2.1965 Mustang fastback GT350
3.1995 Cobra..(yea yea i said 95 because its the same body style of my car... Only with different taillights..)
True, but I thought everyone knew that the 2nd iteration of Eleanor was just a mash up of iconic elements, based like you said on a 68 Fastback (with a custom back) etc etc. I thought it was less well known about the 1st Elenaor.

Regardless, we've all been lied to about that car!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Another Shelby 1000 pick eh?

Makes me happy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
True, but I thought everyone knew that the 2nd iteration of Eleanor was just a mash up of iconic elements, based like you said on a 68 Fastback (with a custom back) etc etc. I thought it was less well known about the 1st Elenaor.

Regardless, we've all been lied to about that car!
I still havnt seen the first gone in sixty seconds... Ive only seen the second one.... But even if it really wasnt a 67 that car is bad mfer

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I would halve to say:

1. 2000 Cobra R
2. 1969 Boss 302 with a coyote in it
3. 2012 Boss 302 with a single turbo and a road race suspension suspension

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I I change mine I want the 68 shealby exp 500

Then a screaming yellow termi
And a
Saleen foxbody

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
That's hard...can't even fit the current collection in that...

70 mach 1 twister special (stock)
69 gt500 kr vert (stock)
My 03 cobra vert w/ built 5.0 stroker, 3.4 whipple and enough fuel system to support 1000hp.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts