Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey EE, i was just wondering why you sell that B&M electronic shift improver? i dont mean to criticize you in the least bit, but i think (and i know others think) that it is junk. a few people have fried their EECs from using it. I just think it would be better to sell valve body shift kits such as Transgo, Superior, Level 10, Gil Younger, etc.

just my $0.02 though

·
Registered
231 Posts
Monkey, on the new site we will be offering the more traditional shift kits such as Transgo, like I siad we are set to add an additional 100+ items to the site.

As far as frying the puter, they had other problems are it didn't fit thier tranny code or any number of other possibilities. This acts just like a chip however it only changes 1 perameter, the shifts. If you don't know what you are doing on the install anything can get pretty messed up, just like many people mess up thier puters doing the chip themsevles.

As far as actual petrformance of the unit it is actually pretty good. The shifts are not as firm as I think most would like them to be because there is only one setting, On and Off, so it tries to be a nice medium for everyone.

But it is just made for people looking to spend a few dollars and do not want the hassle of installing a shift kit or expense of a chip.

From the people who have actually written back to us after buying them, they seem to be very happy with them. But thanks for letting us know so we can maybe make some customers aware that there can be issues. After all, B&M should back up thier product and replace the puters if thier product caused the damage.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of some of the things i had heard about that kit. I did not know they had different ones for the different computer codes, and it is quite possible that the people who fried their computers just got the wrong code.

just thought i would share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts