Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy has released the video of the new ZL1-1LE Camaro going around the 'Ring and it is one hell of a video and one hell of a lap time.

Official time on a 100% stock vehicle - 7:16:04, according to the official 'Ring times, this would be the 14th fastest production car. Faster than the Nissan GTR, Ferrari 488 and a long list of other super cars.

I'm not sure what is more impressive, the lap time and speed the car was able to carry or how the driver was able to even sit in car, the driver does not lack testicular fortitude.

Here is the video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
I understand that they crashed several cars in their quest to turn out a smoking fast lap.

Nonetheless, both car and driver are impressive!

I can't help but to wonder though... Is the ZL1 1LE a "15 minute pony" like the Z06?
Or will it actually be capable of being driven in anger for extended periods of time?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand that they crashed several cars in their quest to turn out a smoking fast lap.

Nonetheless, both car and driver are impressive!

I can't help but to wonder though... Is the ZL1 1LE a "15 minute pony" like the Z06?
Or will it actually be capable of being driven in anger for extended periods of time?
The ZL1 Camaro has no heat soak issues like Vette.

From Motortrend - 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 First Test Review - Motor Trend

"Here’s the part Chevrolet doesn’t want me to say: In the Z06, the LT4 has cooling issues. The mighty Corvette’s heart heat soaks or overheats. Remember those 11 heat exchangers I was talking about? The Camaro ZL1 will not overheat. I tried, but even after six sets of rear tires in four days—not joking—the thunderous V-8 never so much as simmered. Two of those 11 heat exchangers are actually the intercoolers that straddle the supercharger. They are redesigned and repositioned for ZL1 duty. It’s also important to note that the ZL1 version of the LT4 makes exactly as much power and torque as the Z06. In generations past, the Corvette would have to (officially at least) make the most power. These days, Camaro is free to be as strong as can be."

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
All those years with the Camaro not being made, Ford sat on their Butts with the Mustang, 300 hp GT hooked up to an 5 speed transmission and a 6 cylinder Mustang not worth even talking about. The year 2011 came and things looked brighter for our Mustangs, for a little while :(. Ford and our Mustangs are once again 'behind' the Camaro :cry:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
All those years with the Camaro not being made, Ford sat on their Butts with the Mustang, 300 hp GT hooked up to an 5 speed transmission and a 6 cylinder Mustang not worth even talking about. The year 2011 came and things looked brighter for our Mustangs, for a little while :(. Ford and our Mustangs are once again 'behind' the Camaro :cry:
...and light years behind the Challenger.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It would def be hard not to look at the other cars for sure, if I was in the market for something newer.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
"If" the Challenger had weighted 350+ pounds less back in 2010-2011, I wouldn't be driving a Mustang :)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Weight, or no weight, the Challenger is a gorgeous car with a ton of power.

I'm a Mopar fan that likes Mustangs. Actually, I'm a car guy in general.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,187 Posts
Weight, or no weight, the Challenger is a gorgeous car with a ton of power.

I'm a Mopar fan that likes Mustangs. Actually, I'm a car guy in general.
I love the Challengers too! I'm an American muscle car fan. I like them all lol. Usually, the Mustang wins out as my favorite of the group. Aside from a GT350... it would be tough for me to choose between a new Challenger and a new Mustang. If it's 2018, I would go with a Mustang.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm sorry guys, I'd lean more towards the Camaro for a new 2-door coupe. I would at least go for a Challenger if I was in the market for a four-door sedan, but I have a nice crew cab pick up truck, so no need for a sedan here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Challenger isn't a 4 Dr sedan. It's a 2dr pony car just like the Mustang and Camaro. The Charger is the 4dr.

The Challenger is the model that Mopar just put the 840 HP supercharged monster called the Demon in.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oops, yeah meant the Charger

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Chevy doing what Ford can't yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Actually you couldn't be further from the truth!.. Ford builds what sells!.. Chevy builds what they Want to sell!.. Building a car that the vast majority want, just to cruise around in!.. vs. building a car that a few Track Rats want!.. I actually know a guy who just got a new ZL1 1LE, drives it to work, said he will never take it to the track!.. Know another that has a new GT350 that he Modded, also will never see a track!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻

1 - 18 of 18 Posts