Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
If you use a TR 3650 it will solve the speedometer issue. Also, you will probably be able to use the factory crossmember to mount it.
That is assuming that someone makes a adapter plate to bolt it to a Windsor engine.
Saleen used a TKO on the S351.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Found me a 95 Gt k member today and from what I’ve read my lower control arms should work as well. Now to start rounding up tranny parts.

·
Super Moderator
17,950 Posts
All of them are toploaders. T-5, T-45, 3650 etc... Shifter bolts right in from the interior.

94/95 cars only used a T-5, well except the 95R used a 3550(TKO). The only T5 I would trust to hold up to a 427 MIGHT be an Astro A5 with a GeForce case... that's getting very close tho. Honestly I'd do a real good auto with a big cube pushrod. If you must stay with a stick shift I would look at a Magnum wide ratio.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’m talking about the old school top loader the original. Those things are tough. I don’t think the shifter would lineup right though.

·
Super Moderator
17,950 Posts
Ah gotcha... probably not. My vote goes to a solid AOD but that's me. You might want a C6 or something going old school... stick shift the A5 is rated at I think 585 ft lbs for the beefiest one and being technically a T5 its super light, like 80lbs... I'm assuming that 427 is gonna be making north of 600ft lbs tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I finally got the car home and after looking I don’t think it’s gonna be that bad at all. I found a company that makes swap mounts and headers for the car without changing the k member. So as soon as I get started I’ll keep you guys posted on progress.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts